Friday, March 11, 2016

To Block Or Not To Block...

"Why don't you try adblock? It'll radically transform your browsing experience."

I don't doubt it, but quite frankly, I don't mind enduring a relevant ad here and there. Installing an adblocking service is just inviting more third-party vendors to track one's browsing habits.

While it's true that the vast majority of product advertising is wasted on the likes of someone like me since I so rarely buy anything, I like keeping current. I like to know what people are buying and selling, and I appreciate seeing good production techniques or interesting approaches to marketing.

If, however, a website's content seems like more of an afterthought, and the emphasis is primarily on the ads, chances are I'll close the tab shut before the shitstream even finishes loading.

No comments:

Post a Comment