Friday, September 12, 2014

Family Dog Attacked By Flock Of Birds, Dad Grabs Camera Phone.

Jackson Hole, ID In what could have been a scene from the 1963 film adaptation of Alfred Hitchcock's evidently plausible tale, The Birds, an Idaho family's tiny pet dog, Frosty, was nearly pecked to death by a flock of wild canaries right before their eyes.

"I heard shrill wailing. Our son Daniel, who is five, was jumping up and down, frantically pointing out the window. No! Frosty! Stop birdies!" says Daniel's father, Yves Keystrom. 


"I didn't think twice when I saw what a mess those birds made..."



He continues, "It was devestating. I thought, finally I'll get some good footage - something worthy of uploading to You Tube... and, of course, my camera phone is indicating a low battery."


Click here to see Yves Keystrom's Footage of the event.


Miranda Keystrom, Daniel's mother, witnessed the surreal feeding frenzy. She estimates the attack didn't last more than two minutes. 

"There must have been around forty to sixty tiny little birds. They just swooped in like a bunch of those wayward youths who coordinate those retail swarming events. Poor Frosty. We named him Frosty because of his fluffy, silvery coat. By the time those nasty little birds were through, his fur was bright red," she says.

Yves went on to explain how the unexpected tragedy was actually somewhat of a relief to him.

"I didn't think twice when I saw what a mess those birds made of Frosty. His eyes were pulled clean from their sockets, and the insides of his neck were hanging out. I immediately grabbed the pitchfork from the tool shed and skewered his little heart with it," describes the currently unemployed TV repairman. 

"I can't afford the gasoline to get to the nearest clinic let alone vet bills."

Mrs. Keystrom agreed. 

"He was a pretty stupid dog anyway. He'd do the dumbest things - like spin in circles trying to catch his own tail, or whimper and whine whenever we left him alone. Every night he'd try to cuddle in bed with me and Yves. To tell you the truth, I was getting sick of feeding and cleaning-up after a walking mop head."  

Daniel Keystrom's only thoughts on the matter were, "I want Frosty to come back."

No comments:

Post a Comment