Friday, January 22, 2010

This is my idea of conceptual advertising...



... a template if you will. I don't really know what to say about the image to the left, my new collage, except that like most of my stuff, it lacks coherency and was thrown together on a whim. It's supposed to direct you to, "My ever more resentful neighbour" blog. I wrote some poetry there earlier this afternoon. Can't stop thinking about the situation in Haiti. Very unsettling for me though I sit here so far away from it all. I imagine the shouting and the barking and the venomous snakes and strange voodoo magic.

Spent some "time" over Haiti using the Google Earth's Flight Sim feature. Made an almost reasonably half decent landing on Port au Prince's roller coaster runway. I found the simulator to be quite nimble, and of course the graphics are superb in full screen mode with Direct X (which from now on I'll simply refer to as "Dirext"... or maybe that could be a super 3-D text mega sharp display mode...) running on my super-duper computer. (Not really, just a relatively high performance box from off the shelf of the computer stuff store.)

I was thinking perhaps I could go to Haiti and drive some Gravel Trucks around, but I doubt I'd have the stomach for seeing so many dead, carted off like so much as if they were never animated souls. So I hear. Also, the heat would be almost unbearable for an Arctic Boy like me.This is why I so very much appreciate the invaluable service that our men and women provide who take up the call of the armed forces of our Great Nation. They courageously go to often hostile places mostly no one else but the bravest of Doctors and Nurses and I'm sure very many good fearless volunteers and missionaries dare tread, to help people they've never met before, and hopefully, God willing, will exchange pleasantries instead of bullets - sadly, the latter is too often the outcome of putting men with rifles into strange places.

No comments:

Post a Comment