Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A prayer for Haiti

If you'd have asked myself fifteen years or so ago if I thought that I might grow into the type of person who would become obsessed with public opinion and tune in to a guy named David Rutherford, I would have probably given you a long quizzical gaze and asked you if you would like a turkey sandwich. Today, Dave Rutherford reminds me of George Noory, host of "Coast to Coast AM" most nights of the week; he addresses an ever growing audience and is truly a very well respected man with a somewhat mystifying profile?

Dave Rutherford has always run his radio program within the limits of good taste as my memory serves, and I've definitely grown to appreciate his rigid arguments on "hot topic issues", primarily focused on Alberta and her affairs, unless there is literal earth shaking news as there was this morning.

I will pray for the people of Haiti, especially for the many Canadians down there.
 
Let us all pray to God: God Help Us all to cope as only your help can, and through Your divine guidance, may our lives prevail beyond this dark and life shattering day. May we live in peace with one another - brother; and may God let us live to learn of his unknowable ways and glorious works in this eternal life. Amen.

I've never written a prayer before, but I have prayed to God throughout my life. Though I can only imagine what it would be like facing a crisis of proportions like the one in Haiti on this day, the continuing saga of Man v. Nature will always remind us of the crushing power of nature and her innocent cruelty.

No comments:

Post a Comment