Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time to Quit Smoking - You're a POT HEAD!!!


...or at least my affiliates would seem to imply. Not sure if here is where they'll find their target market.

Okay back from the reprise away from structure and form, presentation - correctness.

A beautifully warm day in sunny downtown Edmonton, I'm relegated to the confines of my office with the small humming deep freeze, and very little natural light shining in at this time point in the afternoon. Laundry to be done, and my back aching, I'm not going to be too harsh on myself for staying in. I'm prone to surrendering to reciprocating and negatively reaffirming thought cycles that I reference in forming a rationale that justifies my, " it's preventing me from doing anything constructive" mindset. Pure unadulterated nonsense. That's my thought process, but I strive to...yeah, sure.

Anyway, with this hog-flu going around, I figure that minimizing my contact with others isn't such a bad idea at this time. Lay low for a few days since I can. Maybe go for a run later this evening. I strongly suspect someone will make a point of stopping by the studio sometime this evening. Studio, ha! More like a cramped kitchen/bedroom/small couch that I've crashed in for the last four years. It's not bad for a single guy, but I'd like to be able to crank the guitars without fear of repercussion and a letter head under my door, and also to have room for more furnishings and thus entertaining.

Obviously I enjoy making videos and inviting people to look in on my evolution as a producer of ultra low budget presentations. I'm currently experimenting with video layering techniques in order to take full advantage of Windows Movie Maker's functions and effects by publishing short modules and reintroducing them into the editor. I'm sure I'm not the first to tread such ground, but I really enjoy discovering things on my own when possible. I find that in doing so, one gains a more holistic and fundamental understanding of the subject and is better situated to pass on knowledge of it; though lengthier is the learning process, it's necessarily more in-depth.

Something that amazes me is the fact that once you have a portal to the internet, you may never need another technical manual again! With experts around the world, virtually congregating in discussion forums to exchange ideas and information, all manner of technical issues are being continually addressed which in turn creates mountain covers of chronological help threads free for your perusal if you have the time. Who the hell does anymore? Damn teenagers, that's who! But using Google's advanced indexing, you can retrieve a solution to almost any technical problem ever encountered, be it electronic, computational, biological...incredible in it's immediacy!

---
Pat and Aubrey are two Edmonton police officers who run a radio talk show on Saturdays. I don't listen religiously, but I've caught them a few dozen times over the last few years, and must say I get the odd chuckle from the guys' banter and their particularities about their individual tastes when it comes to food, music, and culture. They're quite complex fellows involved in what to me seems as a strange life's calling - being radio talk show hosts! The nerve! But when you think of it, city cops always have great stories about the strangest and most terrifying aspects of human behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment