Thursday, April 14, 2016

Elton John Impersonator Announces Plans To Cancel Fictional Bookings In North Carolina



Self-proclaimed Sir Elton John impersonator, Blake Mathews, does indeed sing sometimes while playing the piano, but he's never actually done so before a live audience. Oddly enough, he's made a point of announcing that he's cancelling pretend bookings in the state of North Carolina ahead of a non-existent tour.

"Everyone's doing it, and I sort-of felt excluded," he admits, "but just because I've never actually performed as an Elton John impersonator, doesn't mean I'm not an Elton John impersonator. I've done promotional stuff like photo shoots, and I might decide to take my show on the road eventually."

When asked about his stance concerning the so-called bathroom bill he tells me, "I've suffered from anxiety about using public restrooms since adolescence, so I can understand people's frustration. I never use them myself. I'll risk going behind a dumpster before I set foot in the men's room."

"Or the ladies room," he adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment