Thursday, April 21, 2016

Why Not Start A Business?

It's fair to say I have a rather glum outlook when it comes to my own prospects in regard to employment. Given my dodgy work experience history, merely landing an interview would be a minor miracle.

This morning I was contemplating starting a business. Of course I'd need a business loan. That wouldn't be much of an obstacle in itself, considering a current initiative in our province to spur growth in the economy. 

I did some quick math based on a presumption that I could generate $200 per day in profits over and above associated operational costs. Working five days a week, that would total a sum of $52,200 annually before servicing the $90,000 in debt I incur with the borrowed seed money. Supposing that I paid myself a modest $24,000 per year, it'd leave me with $28,200 per annum to repay the loan. Barring any unforseeable glitches it'd take about three years before I'm running fully in the black. 

Of course, I'd be working nine hours a day, 260 days a year, and handling every aspect of the business for what would amount to a wage equivalency of about $10.10 per hour in the first three years, and $22.00 per hour thereafter - at which point, some unanticipated expense would surely manifest, and I'd be back at square one.  

Screw that shit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment