Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Look

Just finished designing a new logo for this blog using Corel Draw - pretty sharp huh? I added some Platonic wisdom to the banner as inspiration for my political ambitions. It's not that I consider myself superior to the folks currently in power at any particular level of government, but that it's important to remind oneself of the perils of inattention to who's doing what. Complacency is the tyrants best friend.

I scanned in a couple of prints using the new HP Laserjet Pro 200 printer / copier, and thought I'd share them. The first one was originally shot at a venue called Broken City in Calgary using a Nikon FE on 35mm B&W film. I performed a bit of augmentation to it using Corel Photo Paint - the flaring of the trumpet's bell and the addition of colours. Both photos were scanned at a density of 600 dpi, and boy oh boy was it fast compared with other scanners I've used.




Twitter has been a riot lately. I've managed to attract a plethora of fascinating personalities, and I can think of no other venue in which one might interact instantaneously with anyone from a rocket scientist to an adult film star to a senior politician within the span of five minutes!

Anyway, I'm beat. My sleep schedule is completely out of whack so I'm going to cut this short to go and relax in front of the television and watch Parenthood on the DVR with Mom. It's funny I like the series as much as I do given I've never been a parent!

@moremoreenough  

No comments:

Post a Comment