Monday, June 3, 2013

Letterheads and Better Heads

What's in a name? Are we strolling through some specific campus of a specific post-secondary educational institute of Alberta, or shall we just say, "Meh. Campus Alberta," and leave it at that?

Change that letterhead or else!



Or else what? We'll no longer get a piece of all the funding you've already taken away?

It's not that I really have a stake anyway, folks. I've no intention of ever enrolling in university classes, nor do I have any kids who might one day attend to worry about yet. Maybe there's good reasoning behind homogenizing post-secondary education across the province. I just find the whole thing laughable. It's like the wild west. Brand that cow, Chuckles! Either that U of A sow gets a searing hot Campus Alberta mark in its rump or I'm not the Deputy Premier!

Whatever. I don't think the U of A should worry too much. It's just a stamp on a letterhead. It's not as if Hon. Thomas Lukaszuk can erase a century of geo-academia by simply redesigning a logo. The important people won't forget. If the alumni of the U of A are as resourceful as I know them to be, they'll conjure-up all manner of adaptive strategies to counteract such pettiness.

So have have fun with your power trip, Tommy Boy, and keep telling yourself that: Campus Alberta ROCKS!



No comments:

Post a Comment