Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Idle No More, Idle No Less


I feel nothing for either side.
I could care less if pipelines crisscross the landscape.
My ancestors were coal miners, potato farmers, and survivors.

You Indians:
Your claims of global warming have been discredited.
Your children steal my designer clothes and break my windows.
They talk on whiteman’s wireless phones.
They worship whiteman culture.
They ask me for money I don’t have to buy things I don’t want.
When I don’t comply they steal from me the little I’ve amassed.

You Whitemen:
You treat everyone with impunity.
Your children are on drugs from Columbia.
They think you can perpetually kick the can down the road.
They ask me for money I don't have to buy things I don't want.
They shoot themselves in the foot and blame the Indians.

You Indians can pound on your stretched animal skins until the spirit wolf howls for your ancestors.
You titans of industry can bulldoze and scrape and drill your way into the center of the earth.
It makes no difference to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment