Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Big Boy Budget












Now that I'm a bigboy, I figured it's time to fire-up the spreadsheet and start tracking a realistic, grown-up budget to help fortify my long-term financial outlook. These are my personal fiduciary projections for 2013. It might require a bit of retooling if I have to start buying my own tobacco, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The only sources of income I currently foresee will be from self-employment endeavors like walking other people's dogs, trading vinyl LPs over eBay, and maybe doing some private music lessons.

If I can manage to save up six hundred bucks by 2014, I'll be that much richer than today. With that kind of money, I might invest it in some poor man's gold bullion or perhaps some original paintings. The thing I most aspire to have is a quiet refuge in the form of an audio / visual studio. At $600 / year growth, it should only take about fifty years or so to afford it. I imagine by that time there will be medical or nutritional or cybernetic technology to enable people to live to be 700 years as we did in Biblical times. Once again, fingers crossed!     

No comments:

Post a Comment