Thursday, April 2, 2015

Deviant Derivatives & Derivative Deviations

Being a one-man-media-machine is truly a labour of love. It involves a great deal of typing, and typing burns calories. I spend at least eight hours a day reading and writing.

What sort of mathematical equation might be derived to quantify the number of calories burned vs. the number of words typed in a given period of time? It'd have look something like:


Where Delta 'T' is the period of time, 'c' is Words Typed / Minutes, and 'f' is the caloric differential.

I'm just kidding around here - my mathematical computational abilities leave much to be desired, and I really just wanted to show-off the "Math Input Panel" software that came bundled with my Windows 7 Home Premium distribution. One needn't be a math whiz to appreciate the sophistication under the hood of a program that recognizes moused-in chicken scratch and structures it into logical arrangements!

Producing covers of songs isn't something I usually do. It occurred to me that Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" sounds remarkably not unlike Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer" at a structural level. I was mulling about the idea of creating a hybrid of the two, but I had a number of emails urgently requiring my response that day. Anyway, you can listen to me sing it here:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment