Monday, April 13, 2015

Act On Climate and Stuff

Gobal warning affects us all, and we all wanna do stuff, you know? Sometimes, I take afternoon naps and have these dreams in which I find myself in a classroom setting, and everyone is studying  CO2 emulsions. The professor is wearing a jean shirt and tells us not to trust the evil Harpar government because Canada is really just a metaphor for wastefulness and everything.

My job at Chapters gets me down because it doesn't pay much and I have to work weekends. This is why I ordered a Guy Fawkes mask to wear to rallies and pretense marches. I started looking on the internet (I only do internet at work because I can't figure out my neighbours' WiFi passwords) for ideas to make signs. I'm getting another tattoo next week - something to express my solidarity with the climate movement. It's not much, but at least it will have significance to me. Like when I decided to start stretching my earlobes after participating in the occupy wall street protests. It's like a secret badge of belonging.

Acting on climate is fun! I always did good on arts and crafts in school (not so good on math tests LOL) so I feel I can do my part to help the planet using Sharpie markers and Bristol board. Here is my idea for a sign (I'm not that good at doing graphics on computer - there's not supposed to be that white space) to take to the next rally.


I met my current life partner at the last Climate Action march in Bytown. She's taking creative writing studies at Carlton University and I'm so proud of her! She likes my dreadlocks and tattoos, but wants me to get a car. I don't understand because I thought she was against contributing to greenhouse gases. Shouldn't public transit and bicycles good enough for everyone? Also, I caught her eating a hamburger one day. I'm not so sure she's the one anymore. I might start keeping my eyes peeled for my next more suitable life partner when I go for free vegan lunch at the Buddhist temple. 

Man, I love renting at a place where heat and water is included in the rent. I find wearing too much clothing is restrictive to my creative process, so after work every day, I strip down and crank the heat after taking a good twenty minute hot shower. It's free right? May as well take advantage. I guess I'm kind of conflicted because people like me are supposed to reduce consumption, but maybe my conspicuous energy use will cut into my landlord's profits, and hurting the rich is more important than saving a bit of hot water. 

Some jerk told me I look like I'm ready to fall through my own asshole (I'm kind of on the skinny side) while I was heading into the municipal services building to reapply for my housing subsidy. I hate microaggresions like that! 

Laters!






No comments:

Post a Comment