Monday, March 24, 2014

Sound of Songs in the Soundcloud Cloud

When I'm not busy sleeping or sharing my cynical outlook on so many, many things, you're prone to find me watching television, smoking, or eating something.

From time to time I get song ideas floating around the periphery of my mind. Fleeting notions of some melodic progression... a path for some lyrical meandering perhaps. If things are quiet enough (all my domestic obligations met) I can relax with my guitar -  flesh out a rhythm progression and maybe layer a bass line on the top string, and then usually dropping it down twelve steps later - a basic technique I sometimes resort to, seeing that I don't currently have a bass guitar.

I used the pitch-shifting function in the multitracking software unreservedly in this rap I rapped. While there is a wee bit of guitar in the mix, it actually started-out with my ambitious attempt at beat boxing.




I see no reason why I should not consider the image of Mila against the moon as my seal of authenticity. A cropped image of my pet jet black dog, spectral inverted, and superimposed over a negative exposure of our moon.

It's been a trend of late that I start a new recording out by laying-down an even progression on the guitar to carry the whole thing, but sometimes you might want a more spaced-out affair, quite unlike this plodding instrumental I mixed-up one afternoon:


I'm fairly new to Soundcloud. I seriously hope to remain an associate content provider in good standing, as it has seemed to provide a reliable platform for my productions. I can't be too sure how Soundcloud performs on other systems, so please let me know of any glitches.

One thing that's certain about my novice internet music productions is that they haven't insofar generated dime number one. Any of my musical stuff! Not that I was expecting it. My work has all been volunteer up to this point. Still, if you happen to know of a circumstance of anyone profiting from it, apart from Soundcloud and whatever is entailed in their Cookie policy, I'd be pleased to be informed of such activity. Not to protest unauthorized use of my creations necessarily, as my primary reason for nesting in the Soundcloud is the potential world wide exposure only the web can provide anyway, but just to know if someone is digging my sound in the cloud.








No comments:

Post a Comment