Monday, October 14, 2013

Ripping Off Neil Young



The first track I put down for this song a one-take live guitar + vocals. I subsequently layered the following tracks respectively: lead guitar; cardboard box; vocal harmonies (X 2). When I record these songs, I like to do each track in one take.

I don't believe I enabled the 'monetize' feature on my two latest uploads... there's no money in what I'm doing anyway! Still, it's interesting to see the nature of the advertisers Google associates with my music videos.

I shan't go into names, but I was a little surprised to see pro-industry corporate propaganda before my video, "If I Ever Get Off The Sauce". I have to wonder if they're of the misguided notion that I'm somehow opposed to the exploration and development of hydrocarbons for energy and manufacturing. I'm most definitely not! Nor am I of the anti-big-corporation mindset... I'd be a hypocrite given the binding agreement I've entered into voluntarily with Google.

Anyway... as any real fan of old Shaky could tell you, "my" new song is actually a shameless ripoff of an old song by anti-industry advocate, "Neil Young". Of course, given my lack of viewership, it's about as likely to be summarily challenged as it is to become the next cult classic?

No comments:

Post a Comment