Friday, September 6, 2013

The Kinks - Low Budget



I don't know that I can handle working another month in a crazy short-order kitchen. I'm pleased the joint is so popular, but the pace of work and tedium is really getting to a guy like me, but at least my private life is pleasant enough, and my worries pale in comparison with the recent flooding of catastrophic proportions. home province's recent catastrophic flooding.

It's frightening and intriguing that the jackboots participated in such a wide-scale break and enter scheme. I could never invade a series of strangers' sanctuary.

The still unanswered question: Who gave the orders that saw RCMP Officers kicking down the doors of the vacated homes of High River (all but two doors on one street... hmmm) and removing property belonging to law-abiding citizens- I think without as much as a court order. Such actions deliberately spit in the face of Canadian Rights, and demonstrates a lack of cognizance in regard to the most basic precepts of a nation that prides itself on a strongly democratic mindset stemming from ancient benevolent values. Nope. Get the battering ram, boys, we've got orders!
     
Personally, I strongly support the right for law-abiding citizens of sound mental health to own firearms for recreation, the protection of personal and property interests, hunting and sport shooting, or simply collecting for interest's sake.. Of course, loaded firearms are a particularly dangerous machine- designed to inflict killing wounds. You could argue a bulldozer was designed for the same purpose, but a bulldozer can't be carried in your pocket like a pistol. It's a gun, which is why Canadians have enacted a massively tangled series of policies around the purchasing and ownership of guns in this vast and great land.

Anyway, I like that responsibly-minded Canadians with licences to do so, have a right to own firearms. I don't like to see our institutions flagrantly violate the rights of my fellow citizens. What do you think?

I'm expected back at the scullery tomorrow morning- the Holy Sabbath Day. Is nothing sacred anymore? Since immersing myself in the culinary service industry, I vow to never patronize a food establishment ever again! I keep telling myself it could be worse, but I'm missing out on far more lucrative opportunities. Since I've always been a confidence man, and I've blown all the money I've ever earned from crap jobs. I need to save my coppers-up for a motorcycle, and that means making a far better wage behind the wheel of a big gravel truck.

Wage work is almost always gritty or humiliating to one degree or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment