Monday, January 21, 2013

Red Crow, Grey Bear, White Stone, She-Wolf


Last week, after drinking heavily of the spirit of the potato, a vision did come to me:

A lone wolf approached into the place I occupied in the dream void space, and beckoned for me to follow her as far eastward as she could go. Go we went- until the ocean met the land, and she turned to face me at the tip of two shadows that stretched a dozen fathoms long, but with no visible monolith casting them. She lay down between these impressive shadows, and two rocks, as white as Luna herself, soon materialized. She told me to inspect the rocks.

The rocks looked very heavy and I could hear voices emanating from within them.

“Covetous, covetous…” one rock whispered over and over.

“Despair, despair…” the other rock answered to the first.

I tried to lift the stones, but they burned my hands just as a bright red crow was flying overhead. The crow was trilling out a tuneful song: Who’s her man? Who’s her man? Lucifer Dan! Lucifer Dan!

The wolf went after the crow, and I, after the wolf.

Westward did we travel, as fast as the breeze, and weightless above the grass and sand… and not the crow, nor the wolf, nor I, nor the breeze, did stop until we met waves lapping the coastal shores.

Upon a totem the crow did perch, and the wolf sat in the totem’s shadow. The crow crowed in the direction of a very dark cavern entrance, out of which lumbered a grey grizzled bear.

“Into the cave you must go! Into the cave now!” demanded the crow.

“Do not go into the cave alone”, added the wolf, “but take with you the meditative meaning of the white stones of covetous and despair.”

Starting off toward the entrance to the cave, the great grey bear roared as a thousand lions. I was not deterred, but went into the cave, with the whispers of the white stones still resonating from within me.




No comments:

Post a Comment