Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Dudes


The Dudes rock the Dudes, man. If you haven't heard Calgary's quartet's flagship song, "Dropkick Queen of the Weekend", check it out, Dude. They've always been one of my favorite bands of all time as they're so far out, man.

I love their romantic themes - and their sonic mastery... see them live to know for yourself of what I speak. Brilliant players, the Dude's repetoire is what I would call, 'progressive contemporary', as I once I dubbed them, "a cross between Sonic Youth and Sloan." as they really do seem to take great effort in honing their live sound, and their recordings are top notch.

Dan really does have a uniquely cool voice, and radical lyrics. I am in fact listening to their music, compliments of their web site- http://www.thedudes.ca/

True rock inventiveness and prowess, and a mastery of riffery coupled with an outstanding ability to arrange intriguingly unique musical arrangements in the key of rock. I've witnessed the Dudes live; pulling off wickedly complex, refreshingly melodic and articulately contrived two-part electric guitar solos played through really loud and craftily amplified, boner intensifying, nerve wracking distortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment