Wednesday, April 9, 2008


Snapshots appearing on this site and it's sister sites were shot with an FE Camera by the Nikon company - the Camera is an '86 or so model year - I'm too lazy to confirm it right now.

Any original snapshots that you find on this site (which is most of them) were taken by the FE over the last few years.

Considering that the development phase of film photography is at least half of the art form, I should admit that I surrendered the printing of my snapshots to various practitioners including Carousel Photos on Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alta., and an outfit in Calgary, Alta. across from a place called the Weed's Cafe.

But alas, a boring picture and a badly taken snap are just that, regardless of the level of the developer's expertise.

This all reminds me of a post card sized book filled up with fairly sturdy post card sized pages upon which you'll find a wealth of reproductions of actual post cards. I picked it up one afternoon at a Chapters bookseller of all places. It's entitled "Boring Postcards", a collection of which is what it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment