Sunday, May 10, 2015

That's a wrap!

My crystal ball needs a tune-up! Craig Copeland is still Cold Lake's mayor, and Scott Cyr is the new MLA for my riding. True to my word, I didn't bother casting a ballot.

The recent NDP triumph over the naysayers leaves me feeling mostly indifferent. Regardless of who's elected to collect public dollars and engineer policies, Alberta will not be shielded from the orchestrated elimination of the weak and vulnerable by the global corporate oligarchy.

My overall levels of creativity are in the dumps lately (See? I can't even think-up a clever anecdotal substitute for 'in the dumps'), and I've decided to take a lengthy reprieve from having anything to do with music, be it: purposefully listening to it; writing it; performing it; arranging it; or recording it. Hopefully such a conscious abandonment will eventually reignite my creative drive. I couldn't even be bothered to spruce-up this garbage track I pissed-out the other day:


The whole process of producing music has not only left me mentally exhausted, but has ultimately proven to be entirely unrewarding. Given the accessibility of streaming music and the peripheral cadre of innovative vultures who try to profit from it, I'm beginning to think I picked the wrong pursuit in life. I just hope all eight people subscribed to my Soundcloud channel won't mind too much.

The same goes for this blog, but I felt a farewell post was the least I could do before taking a refreshing hiatus from the nagging compulsion to update it even sporadically for a while. Twitter has proven to be platform enough for me to practice the succinct presentation of ideas and arguments.

Have a great summer folks! See you on #ableg!



No comments:

Post a Comment