Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ural Sidecar & Motorcycle X-Canada Tour

IMZ-8 "Gear Up" sidecar equipped motorcycle. http://www.imz-ural.com/gearup/

http://www.ural.com/

Yet another installment of what's been on my mind as of late... and some links and pictures.

Motorcycles. I've always wanted to make a cross Canada trip on a motorbike. What would be even cooler is if I could somehow take Leo and Thalia along for the ride, which inspired me to put this little picture together:

Album Cover Art Concept
My little daydream led me to do some elementary research into the subject of two wheel drive motorbikes, and I stumbled upon a Russian manufacturer, Ural, makers of the IMZ-8 or "Gear Up", a sidecar equipped motorcycle. I imagine the side car might need a few custom retrofits to safely accomodate two dogs, and I should probably look into custom-fitted headgear and goggles for the pooches. I find the whole idea really exciting, but alas, I'm about $20 grand short of this particular pipe dream...

Anyway, it's been about half a year since Microsoft went to the wayside on my five-year-old, off the shelf PC, but I'm thoroughly pleased with the open-source linux-based graphical operating system commonly known as, "Ubuntu". Without getting too egg-headed about the whole affair, I'll just say that it was straightforward to install, it rarely crashes or struggles with tasks, and it seems to take nearly full advantage of my home computer's capabilities using less than half the space as MS Windows hogged for system related files. Today, I do Ubuntu. Or does Ubunto do me? Whatever!

Photos, photos, and more photos. When you keep two big dogs in a small flat, you need to go for lots of walks. When I go for walks I take lots of pictures sometimes- or- "digi-snaps" as I like to call them. Dogg walks and digi-snaps.

(Leo & Thalias owners) should've named their doubledogs Bonnie and Clyde, but I don't think Leo & Thalia's owners anticipated doubling their dogs when they named Thalia. Strange name, but I like it. It sounds like Italy, and of course I've always been fascinated with Italy. It's mostly the Italian people that fascinate me- and of course their superb mastery of the cuisinary arts which is probably unmatched anywhere... eclipsed maybe by secret chefs like myself, but if you were to ask my opinion for what it's worth, Italy takes the holistic gold medal for foods of the world. I don't mean to play favorites... I am Canadian after all, but the breadth and character of Italian home cooking... Mmmmm. I haven't even scraped the rim of the frying pan yet when it comes to world cuisine, but the endless variants of pasta and sauce... goodness me, I get randy just thinking about a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs that have been slow cooking for hours. Mamma Mia!












No comments:

Post a Comment