Monday, July 26, 2010

Forget About The Castocracy - Don't Look Now... It's a Cat Apostrophe!

Quarter after nine in the evening on a Monday, it is; as I sit down to finally do a bit of internally intellectualizing my intellectualisms... the telephone rings... of course - predictably, it's Cap'n Gimmiemoore wanting to share his tantalizingly sea-sickening scurvy yarn-spinnin stories wit' da likes-o-Yarr.

Anyhoo, I was intending on blogging in somewhat of a simplistic fashion, I guess. Is that not what I usually do anyway? I don't know. I don't read my own blog anymore. I know I have a tendency to be verbose and epistemological at times, eh?

What I wanted to share with all both of my readers this eve, were a couple of pictures that I snapped while out on a little Monday night stroll-about here in the fine city of Edmonton. Edmonton has an Avenue She calls, "Jasper Ave", and facing it from the North side of the main-way is one of the few of a small chain of bookseller outlets that stays open until 2:00 a.m.



Sometimes I feel inclined to pop in to The Wee Book Inn - usually on the rare occasion that I happen to be walking past (though I think I sort-of had it in my head to wind up there) and see how the wee in-store -kitty-cat is faring whilst I'm passively checking out the reference section for stellar deals on dictionaries or atlases. Most often, I'll purchase no titles whatsoever, if not from the classic's section. This time, though, I did happen to make a purchase called, "Anniversary Reflections" - 232 pages of stories and B&W pictures of Edmonton and it's people-folk between the years of ‘38 and ‘88 by The Edmonton Photo Club. For someone like me, this is a great find that only cost a single dollar plus G.S.T., and it's in near-mint condition to boot!

I love limited edition books of any kind, and especially tales of a bygone era. It just so happens that I happen to have a bit of a passive interest in the recent history of my favourite place in the world, my own personal choice of habitat, Edmonton. It was even printed right here in the Provincial Capital at our very own Northern Alberta Institute of Technology almost twenty years ago. How cool is that?




Bought a sack of onions today too - used ‘em in a little potato pan fry w/ Mozzarella cheese between writing the lines in this very article!





 Grand total of shopping trip: $3.15 CAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment